Friday 28 November 2014

Sorry about the delay in my posts. It has been awhile. I had some technical difficulties (okay I just could not figure out how to do somethings I wanted to do in the blog. Problem solved! We just finished up a big unit test in Math on Number concepts and I hope to get them all marked on the weekend. I think the kids did well. Hopefully they used the review I sent home as a study guide. We will be moving onto Patterning, which I find to be a bit easier for the kids. The bad news is I will make them keep visiting Number concepts all year!

Miss. Laing is now on her teaching block until the Christmas break and is teaching Language Arts, Science and Social Studies. (Yes that frees me up more to get on top of some of those students who need it!) They will be looking at Tall Tales and reading "Maniac Magee". Love that book!

Some parents have also been asking about spelling and I am working on setting this up. Overall our class has some very strong spellers so there are a few students who will not be doing spelling but instead will be part of a reading challenge involving Manitoba Authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment