Wednesday 21 October 2015

Potlatch update

Tomorrow is the potlatch! The students will not need lunch. I have two parents who are helping set-up so the students will eat at 11:30 and then go out for a recess break. After lunch the students will share their totem pole and mask. Then we will play the gift stealing game to represent status. In order for this to take place I need every student to bring their assigned/chosen items. Please check below to verify. If you have gift beside your child's name then you need to bring in 2 gifts valued between $2 and $3. Hey can be dollar store items and need to be wrapped. They can even be wrapped in newspaper or paper. Any questions email me at wjensen@sjsd.net and I will get back to you ASAP. 

Drew-perogies/sour cream
Brayden- buns/butter
Garrett- meatballs
Julia - cheese and crackers
Ashly- casserole
Blake- macaroni 
Abby - hash brown casserole
Maya- drinks
Kyra - veggies and dip
Ava- salad
Sophie - fruit platter 
Jersey - salad or dessert

Any food can be sent in cold and we will warm it up or put in oven. Just send any instructions. Also plan for 25 people! 

Bringing gifts are:
Samuel
Jaime
Branden
Ian
Josh
Amber
Michael
Noah
Iliana
Diana 
Liam
Tyra

Hopefully you have all seen or heard about the letter that was sent home Ocotber 13th and this is not a surprise. If not then I told the kids they better suck up to their parent and do the dishes for them tonight. They should also start the conversation with, "I have something I forgot to tell you and I have learned my lesson..."

No comments:

Post a Comment